Essentials for a "HAPPY TUMMY"
There are those times when your tummy just isn’t happy with your choices of foods and you know it because of the discomfort you have. Let’s consider the cause and some possible solutions from nature.
First consider the possible causes:
1. poor choices of foods that lack micronutrients can sabotage your metabolism and deplete your healthy intestinal flora.
2. lack of raw foods means lack of enzymes required for good digestion.
3. lack of fiber from whole foods are important for proper intestinal cleansing which can instead putrefy in the gut.
If you can work to eliminate these issues first, you can make great headway for improving digestion. But in addition to this, there are several essential oil suggestions:
Peppermint, ginger, fennel, anise and cardamom essential oils or a blend of these and more can provide excellent digestive support and can be applied
successfully in one or more of these ways:
- if using therapeutic oils safe for ingestion, add a drop or two under your tongue then follow with a glass of water (peppermint is really strong)
- place a drop or two in a glass of water and drink
- place 3-4 drops (of a blend or a variety of each) in an empty veggie capsule and swallow with water (this is especially helpful for acid reflux and chronic digestive issues - you get the oil to the source)
- apply topically with a few drops coconut oil in a clockwise motion on abdomen
- apply topically to the bottom of each foot in the arch
Personally, I’ve found a blend of these suggested essential oils to be very helpful for any digestive discomfort, even motion sickness! That’s why I always carry a small bottle in my essential oil keychain! So handy for any need wherever I am, at any time!
Also, if digestive issues are frequent, consider adding digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid, and probiotics with your meals.
Additionally, you might also consider adding these digestive essential oils to many of your foods, example: peppermint oil to fudge, brownies, frozen desserts; ginger to energy bars, stir-fries, a pot of beans (to eliminate flatulence); fennel to smoothies, and more!
It’s nice to have something in nature that truly works, that is safe for internal use, and without any side effects!
Keep learning by joining me on my Wednesday webinars:
For the Healthy and Happy....
Known as America’s Health Coach, Dr. Asa Andrew is a national best-selling author and host of the #1 Health Talk Radio Show in North America. In addition to his hit television series, Dr. Asa is a regular contributor to NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, and FOX and regarded as a healthcare leader in the field of lifestyle medicine.
- Get your FREE copy of the new Anti-Inflammatory Diet Success Plan
- Check out my recent Ask Your Question article: Can Hot Flashes Be Helped Naturally?
- Read my latest food for thought blog: The Benefit of Walnuts
- Improve your fitness with my new discoveries: Your Link For Unlocking Fat Loss